Inference in Autoregression under Heteroskedasticity
AbstractA scalar pth-order autoregression (AR(p)) is considered with heteroskedasticity of the unknown form delivered by a transition function of time. A limit theory is developed and three heteroskedasticity-robust test statistics are proposed for inference, one of which is based on the nonparametric estimation of the variance function. The performance of the resulting testing procedures in finite samples is compared in simulations and some suggestions for practical application are given. Copyright 2005 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 27 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2007.
"Testing for co-integration in vector autoregressions with non-stationary volatility,"
07/02, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Rahbek, Anders & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2010. "Testing for co-integration in vector autoregressions with non-stationary volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 7-24, September.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2008. "Testing for Co-integration in Vector Autoregressions with Non-Stationary Volatility," Discussion Papers 08-34, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A.M.Robert Taylor, 2008. "Testing for Co-integration in Vector Autoregressions with Non-Stationary Volatility," CREATES Research Papers 2008-50, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Chandler, Gabriel, 2010. "Order selection for heteroscedastic autoregression: A study on concentration," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(23-24), pages 1904-1910, December.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen & A.M. Robert Taylor, 2013. "Bootstrap Fractional Integration Tests in Heteroskedastic ARFIMA Models," Working Papers 1309, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Xu Cheng & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2009.
"Cointegrating Rank Selection in Models with Time-Varying Variance,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1688, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Cheng, Xu & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2012. "Cointegrating rank selection in models with time-varying variance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 155-165.
- Jarrow, Robert & Teo, Melvyn & Tse, Yiu Kuen & Warachka, Mitch, 2012. "An improved test for statistical arbitrage," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 47-80.
- Ke-Li Xu & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006.
"Adaptive Estimation of Autoregressive Models with Time-Varying Variances,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1585, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Xu, Ke-Li & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2008. "Adaptive estimation of autoregressive models with time-varying variances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 265-280, January.
- Ke-Li Xu & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006. "Adaptive Estimation of Autoregressive Models with Time-Varying Variances," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1585R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Nov 2006.
- Brendan K. Beare, 2008. "Unit Root Testing with Unstable Volatility," Economics Papers 2008-W06, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.