The Geometric Mean and Stochastic Dominance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 35 (1980)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp & Diego Nocetti, 2013.
"Economic Consequences of Nth-Degree Risk Increases and Nth-Degree Risk Attitudes,"
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp & Diego Nocetti, 2013. "Economic consequences of Nth-degree risk increases and Nth-degree risk attitudes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 199-224, October.
- Nocetti, Diego & Napp, Clotilde & Jouini, Elyès, 2012. "Economic Consequences of Nth-Degree Risk Increases and Nth-Degree Risk Attitudes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11094, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jouini, Elyès & Napp, Clotilde & Nocetti, Diego, 2013. "Economic consequences of Nth-degree risk increases and Nth-degree risk attitudes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/12392, Paris Dauphine University.
- Antonella Basso & Paolo Pianca, 1997. "On the relative efficiency of nth order and DARA stochastic dominance rules," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 207-222.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHELSINGER, Harris & TSETLIN, Ilia, .
"Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2096, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2007:i:2:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- DENUIT, Michel M. & EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, .
"When Ross meets Bell: the linex utility function,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2496, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Silvia Figini & Paolo Giudici, 2013. "Measuring risk with ordinal variables," DEM Working Papers Series 032, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Huang, Rachel J., 2012. "Ambiguity aversion, higher-order risk attitude and optimal effort," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 338-345.
- Markus Haas, 2007. "Do investors dislike kurtosis?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(2), pages 1-9.
- Moore, Robert E., 1996. "Ranking income distributions using the Geometric Mean and a related general measure," MPRA Paper 10171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nocetti, Diego C., 2013. "The LeChatelier principle for changes in risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 460-466.
- Guo, Xu & Post, Thierry & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2013. "Moment Conditions for Almost Stochastic Dominance," MPRA Paper 51725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Locatelli, Giorgio & Mancini, Mauro, 2011. "Large and small baseload power plants: Drivers to define the optimal portfolios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7762-7775.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.