Why the United Kingdom Should Join the Eurozone
AbstractThe message of this paper is that the global financial crisis that started in August 2007 provides another powerful and sufficient argument for the United Kingdom to join the EMU and adopt the euro as soon as technically possible. This new financial stability argument for UK membership in the EMU is separate from and in addition to the conventional optimal currency arguments for joining, which have also become more persuasive in the past few years. Copyright 2008 The Author. Journal compilation 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal International Finance.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1367-0271
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefano D'Addona & Ilaria Musumeci, 2011.
"The British Opt-Out From The European Monetary Union: Empirical Evidence From Monetary Policy Rules,"
0611, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2011.
- Stefano d'Addona & Ilaria Musumeci, 2013. "The British opt-out from the European Monetary Union: empirical evidence from monetary policy rules," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(23), pages 1783-1795, December.
- Stefano d'Addona & Ilaria Musumeci, 2012. "The British opt-out from the European Monetary Union: empirical evidence from monetary policy rules," CEIS Research Paper 225, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 26 Mar 2012.
- J. James Reade & Ulrich Volz, 2009.
"Too Much to Lose, or More to Gain? Should Sweden Join the Euro?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
442, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- J James Reade & Ulrich Volz, 2010. "Too Much to Lose, or More to Gain? Should Sweden Join the Euro?," Discussion Papers 10-13, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.