Efficiency and Competition in Canadian Banking
AbstractAllen and Engert report on recent research at the Bank of Canada on various aspects of efficiency in the Canadian banking industry. This research suggests that, overall, Canadian banks appear to be relatively efficient producers of financial services and they do not exercise monopoly or collusive-oligopoly power. The authors note the value of continuing to investigate opportunities to improve efficiency and competition in financial services in Canada.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bank of Canada in its journal Bank of Canada Review.
Volume (Year): 2007 (2007)
Issue (Month): Summer ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 234 Wellington Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G9, Canada
Phone: 613 782-8845
Fax: 613 782-8874
Web page: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lafrance, Amelie & Gu, Wulong, 2008.
"Productivity Growth in Canadian and U.S. Regulated Industries,"
The Canadian Productivity Review
2008020e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis.
- Wulong Gu & Amélie Lafrance, 2010. "Productivity Growth in Canadian and U.S. Regulated Industries," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 19, pages 50-65, Spring.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2008. "Market Structure and the Diffusion of E-Commerce: Evidence from the Retail Banking Industry," Working Papers 08-32, Bank of Canada.
- Damar, H. Evren & Meh, Césaire A. & Terajima, Yaz, 2013.
"Leverage, balance-sheet size and wholesale funding,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 639-662.
- H. Evren Damar & Césaire A. Meh & Yaz Terajima, 2010. "Leverage, Balance Sheet Size and Wholesale Funding," Working Papers 10-39, Bank of Canada.
- Robert Clark & Jason Allen & Jean-Francois Houde, 2008. "Market Structure and the diffusion of electronic banking," 2008 Meeting Papers 1015, Society for Economic Dynamics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.