Long-term Forecasting of the Expenses on Healthcare in Bulgaria, 2005-2050
AbstractThe article studies the correlations between the most important demographic and economic indicators related to the expenses on healthcare in Bulgaria and through the application of a model of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) long-term forecasts on these expenses are received. The main characteristics and features of the model are presented, the diversity and the problems in the collection of the necessary input data are commented and after the realization of the model to the year 2050 the main results are outlined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Thought.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rangelova, Rossitsa, 2003. "Bio-demographic change and socio-economic trends in Bulgaria," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 413-428, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassil Zahariev).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.