Retrospective Of Financial Reporting On Capital Market
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to develop a conceptual framework for the evolution offinancial reporting on capital market. Due to the worlwide changes, the role of financial reportingin capital market is constantly growing. Financial reporting analyzed through market perspective isstrongly correlated with issues like: capital allocation, financial statements, internationalaccounting standards and informational valences. Capital market research emphasizes the need forqualitative and transparent financial reporting which require an increased level of informationaccuracy. Thus, financial statements are measured in terms of comparability and disclosure. Thispaper presents a qualitative research through a content analysis of several articles related tofinancial reporting on capital market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
Contact details of provider:
financial reporting; capital market; international accounting standards; financial information; disclosure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Art Durnev & Kan Li & Randall Mørck & Bernard Yeung, 2004.
"Capital markets and capital allocation: Implications for economies in transition,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(4), pages 593-634, December.
- Artyom Durnev & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2001. "Capital Markets and Capital Allocation: Implications for Economies in Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 417, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Gotti, Giorgio & Mastrolia, Stacy, 2012. "The Effect on Financial Reporting Quality of an Exemption from the SEC Reporting Requirements for Foreign Private Issuers," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 44-71.
- Baker, C. Richard & Wallage, Philip, 2000. "The Future of Financial Reporting in Europe: Its Role in Corporate Governance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 173-187, 07.
- Moez Bennouri & C.Robert Clark & Jacques Robert, 2010. "Information provision in financial markets," Post-Print hal-00565501, HAL.
- Chung, Dennis Y. & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Liquidity and market efficiency: Analysis of NASDAQ firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 262-274.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 2003.
"What Works in Securities Law?,"
NBER Working Papers
9882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thapa, Chandra & Poshakwale, Sunil S., 2012. "Country-specific equity market characteristics and foreign equity portfolio allocation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-211.
- René M. Stulz, 2008.
"Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization,"
NBER Working Papers
14218, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- René M. Stulz, 2009. "Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 349-390, 05.
- Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Kollias, Christos, 2010. "Dynamic European stock market convergence: Evidence from rolling cointegration analysis in the first euro-decade," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2056-2064, September.
- Hearn, Bruce & Piesse, Jenifer & Strange, Roger, 2010. "Market liquidity and stock size premia in emerging financial markets: The implications for foreign investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 489-501, October.
- E. Han Kim, 1998. "Globalization Of Capital Markets And The Asian Financial Crisis," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(3), pages 30-39.
- Chung, Dennis & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Liquidity and market efficiency: A large sample study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2346-2357, October.
- Efrim Boritz, J. & No, Won G., 2005. "Security in XML-based financial reporting services on the Internet," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 11-35.
- Li, Kai, 2007. "The growth in equity market size and trading activity: An international study," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 59-90, January.
- Moez Bennouri & C. Clark & Jacques Robert, 2010. "Information provision in financial markets," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 255-286, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.