Variable And Fixed Costs In Company Management
AbstractThe cost absorbs all the expenses of production for a company at acertain level of the activity. For eliminating the influence of the fixed costs’sabsorbtion and for a better supervision of other causes of digressions, the managerscan apply the method of rational imputation of the fixed costs. The managers should,in some cases, take into consideration the total costs and not the unit costs. Variablecosts, fixed costs and unit costs should be taken into consideration at all times. Whenmanagers decide on the products to be manufactured, they have to know how theincome and expenses vary along with the changes in the production volume. That iswhy they have to separate the fixed and the variable costs. The identification of avariable or fixed cost helps the manager to forecast the total costs and to take thedecisions based on an existent situation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
fixed costs; variable costs; the cost of the under-activity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dan Ioan Topor & Alina Putan & Sorinel Capusneanu, 2011.
"The Role of Management Accounting in Providing Information for Making Decision Within an Entity,"
International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences,
Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 56-66, December.
- Topor, Dan Ioan & Puţan, Alina & Căpuşneanu, Sorinel/I, 2011. "The role of management accounting in providing Information for making decision within an entity," MPRA Paper 36219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dan Topor & Sorinel Capusneanu & Alina Putan, 2012. "Evolution And Performance Analysis For Wine Entities In Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(14), pages 9.
- Alina Putan & Dan Ioan Topor & Maria Gheorghian, 2012. "Cognitive Meanings Of Management Control In Estimating The Degree For Achieving The Strategy," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(14), pages 7.
- Dan Topor & Ioana Dorin & Alina Putan, 2011. "The Role Of Cost Information In Decision-Making. Case Study," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(13), pages 15.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.