Consumer Expenditures At Direct Produce Markets
AbstractInterviews of customers at direct produce markets were conducted to determine why expenditure patterns vary. Frequency of shopping at outlets, income, uses of produce, household composition, and distance to the outlet are important determinants of expenditures at direct product outlets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1989)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smallwood, David M. & Blaylock, James R., 1984. "Household Expenditures for Fruits, Vegetables, and Potatoes," Technical Bulletins 157660, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Schmit, Todd M. & Gomez, Miguel I., 2010.
"Developing Viable Farmers Markets in Rural Communities: An Investigation of Vendor Performance using Objective and Subjective Valuations,"
126957, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Schmit, T.M. & Gómez, M.I., 2011. "Developing viable farmers markets in rural communities: An investigation of vendor performance using objective and subjective valuations," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 119-127, April.
- Brown, Cheryl & Gandee, Jesse E. & D'Souza, Gerard E., 2006. "West Virginia Farm Direct Marketing: A County Level Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(03), December.
- Uematsu, Hiroki & Mishra, Ashok K., 2011. "Use of Direct Marketing Strategies by Farmers and Their Impact on Farm Business Income," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), April.
- Gandee, Jesse E. & Brown, Cheryl & D'Souza, Gerard E., 2003. "The Role Of Spatial And Demographic Characteristics In Direct Farm Marketing: An Econometric Approach," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21912, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.