Quarterly Estimates Of The Demand And Price Structure For Meat In New South Wales
AbstractMultiple regression estimates of demand and price relationships for fresh beef, lamb and mutton in the N.S.W. livestock auction, wholesale, and retail markets during the period from January 1951 to June 1963 are presented. The results show that direct price elasticities of demand were negative, and of greatest absolute value in the retail market. Mutton is shown to have been a close substitute for beef and lamb, but the latter were not close substitutes with respect to price.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (1967)
Issue (Month): 01 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Demand and Price Analysis;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vere, David T. & Griffith, Garry R., 1988. "Supply and Demand Interactions in the New South Wales Prime Lamb Market," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(03), December.
- Freebairn, John W., 1973. "Some Estimates of Supply and Inventory Response Functions for the Cattle and Sheep Sector of New South Wales," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41, September.
- Zhao, Xueyan & Mullen, John D. & Griffith, Garry R. & Griffiths, William E. & Piggott, Roley R., 2000. "An Equilibrium Displacement Model of the Australian Beef Industry," Research Reports 28007, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries Research Economists.
- Mullen, John D. & Alston, Julian M., 1994. "The Impact on the Australian Lamb Industry of Producing Larger Leaner Lamb," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 62(01), April.
- Sibly, Hugh, 2002. "Loss averse customers and price inflexibility," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 521-538, August.
- Richardson, Robert A., 1976. "Structural Estimates Of Domestic Demand For Agricultural Products In Australia: A Review," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(03), September.
- Harrison, Ian & Richardson, Bob, 1980. "Table and Manufacturing Quality Beef Cattle Price Relationships in Australia," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(03), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.