The Current Experience with Floating Exchange Rates: An Appraisal of the Monetary Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 68 (1978)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giancarlo Gandolfo & Pietro Carlo Padoan & Giovanna Paladino, 1990. "Structural Models vs Random Walk: The Case of the Lira/$ Exchange Rate," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 101-113, Apr-Jun.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1981. "Explaining exchange rate behavior : an augmented version of the monetary approach," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 3-11.
- Clements, Kenneth W. & Frenkel, Jacob A., 1980.
"Exchange rates, money, and relative prices: The dollar-pound in the 1920s,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 249-262, May.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Jacob A. Frenkel, 1980. "Exchange Rates, Money and Relative Prices: The Dollar-Pound in the 1920's," NBER Working Papers 0429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 1980.
"Currency Substitution and the Semand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
190, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Bordo, Michael D & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 1982. "Currency Substitution and the Demand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 48-57, February.
- Ernst-August Behnke, 1980. "Stationäres und intertemporäres Gleichgewicht auf den Devisenmärkten bei festen und flexiblen Wechselkursen," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 116(II), pages 171-194, June.
- Kholdy, Shady & Sohrabian, Ahmad, 1995. "Testing for the relationship between nominal exchange rates and economic fundamentals," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 121-134.
- John F. Helliwell & Paul M. Boothe, 1982. "Macroeconomic Implications of Alternative Exchange Rate Models," NBER Working Papers 0904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fraire, Francisco & Leatham, David J., 2006. "Decision Making Tool to Hedge Exchange Rate Risk," Proceedings: 2006 Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition, October 2-3, 2006; Washington, DC 133082, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Canale, Rosaria Rita, 2002. "Equilibrium exchange rate theories under flexible exchange rate regimes," MPRA Paper 3086, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yin, Weiwei & Li, Junye, 2014. "Macroeconomic fundamentals and the exchange rate dynamics: A no-arbitrage macro-finance approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 46-64.
- Kenneth Clements, 1981. "The monetary approach to exchange rate determination: A geometric analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 20-29, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.