Journal of Comparative Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: D. Berkowitz
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Gérard Roland
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jcecon
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2001, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 400-402 Lance Taylor (Ed.), After Neoliberalism: What Next for Latin America?
by Isgut, Alberto E.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-23 Macroeconomic Convergence in Transition Countries
by Kocenda, Evzen
- 24-39 Implementing Inflation Targeting Regimes: The Case of Poland
by Gottschalk, Jan & Moore, David
- 40-65 Income Inequality in Early Transition: The Case of Hungary 1987-1996
by Kattuman, Paul & Redmond, Gerry
- 66-79 Corruption and Economic Growth
by Mo, Pak Hung
- 80-94 Real Exchange Rate Misalignment in China: An Empirical Investigation
by Zhang, Zhichao
- 95-117 Infrastructure Development and Economic Growth: An Explanation for Regional Disparities in China?
by Demurger, Sylvie
- 118-135 The Anatomy of Rising Earnings Inequality in Urban China
by Gustafsson, Bjorn & Shi, Li
- 136-157 Ownership, Government R&D, Private R&D, and Productivity in Chinese Industry
by Guangzhou Hu, Albert
- 158-182 Implications of Interjurisdictional Competition in Transition: The Case of the Chinese Tobacco Industry
by Zhou, Huizhong
- 183-184 Annette N. Brown (Ed.), When Is Transition Over?
by Brada, Josef C.
- 185-187 Guido Biessen et al. (Eds.), The Second Decade--Prospects for European Integration after Ten Years of Transition
by van Brabant, Jozef M.
- 188-189 Jeanine Braithwaite, Christiaan Grootaert, and Branko Milanovic, Poverty and Social Assistance in Transition Countries
by Leven, Bozena
- 190-192 King Banaian, The Ukrainian Economy Since Independence
by Kushnirsky, Fyodor I.
- 193-194 Simon Clarke, The Formation of a Labour Market in Russia
by Linz, Susan J.
- 195-197 Hans-Werner Sinn, The German State Banks: Global Players in the International Financial Markets
by Deeg, Richard
- 198-200 Riccardo Bellofiore (Ed.), Global Money, Capital Restructuring, and the Changing Patterns of Labor
by Weller, Christian E.
- 201-202 Mike Wright and Ken Robbie (Eds.), Management Buy-Outs and Venture Capital: Into the Next Millennium
by Brophy, David J.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 639-664 Tenures That Shook the World: Worker Turnover in Russia, Poland, and Britain
by Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan
- 665-699 An Arrears Crisis and Stabilization Failure in a Transition Economy
by Nikitin, Maxim
- 700-715 Product Market Competition in Transition Economies: Increasing Varieties and Consumer Loyalty
by Adachi, Mitsutoshi M.
- 716-738 A Multitask Theory of State Enterprise Reform
by Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D. & Tao, Zhigang & Wang, Yijiang
- 739-761 Liability Sharing as a Mechanism to Improve Firms' Investment and Liquidation Decisions
by Zou, Liang & Sun, Laixiang
- 762-785 Macroeconomic Policy and Ownership Structure in a Mixed Transition Economy
by Miyamoto, Katsuhiro & Yu, Jinping
- 786-813 Ownership, Productivity Change, and Financial Performance in Chinese Industry
by Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G. & Li, Wang & Yuxin, Zheng
- 814-827 The Great Leap Forward, Economic Reforms, and the Unit Root Hypothesis: Testing for Breaking Trend Functions in China's GDP Data
by Li, Xiao-Ming
- 828-839 Singapore's Manufacturing Sector's TFP Growth: A Decomposition Analysis
by Mahadevan, Renuka & Kalirajan, Kali
- 840-841 Peter Boone, Stanislaw Gomulka, and Richard Layard (Eds.), Emerging from Communism: Lessons from Russia, China, and Eastern Europe
by Thornton, Judith
- 842-844 Tsu-Tan Fu, Cliff J. Huang, and C. A. Knox Lovell, (Eds.), Economic Efficiency and Productivity Growth in the Asia-Pacific Region
by Taylor, Timothy G.
- 845-848 Janos Gacs, Robert Holzman, and Michael L. Wyzan, (Eds.), The Mixed Blessing of Financial Inflows: Transition Countries in Comparative Perspective
by Kemme, David M.
- 849-852 Ross Garnaut and Ligang Song (Eds.), China: Twenty Years of Economic Reform
by Prybyla, Jan
2000, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 431-455 Sectoral Restructuring and Labor Mobility: A Comparative Look at the Czech Republic
by Sorm, Vit & Terrell, Katherine
- 456-472 The Evolution of Stock Markets in Transition Economies
by Rockinger, Michael & Urga, Giovanni
- 473-501 A Stochastic Frontier Approach to Firm Level Efficiency, Technological Change, and Productivity during the Early Transition in Hungary
by Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin
- 502-523 Living Standards during Transition to a Market Economy: The Kyrgyz Republic in 1993 and 1996
by Anderson, Kathryn & Pomfret, Richard
- 524-544 The Labor Income Tax Equivalent of Price Scissors in Prereform China
by Imai, Hiroyuki
- 545-564 Determinants of Technical Efficiency in Post-Collective Chinese Agriculture: Evidence from Farm-Level Data
by Liu, Zinan & Zhuang, Juzhong
- 565-580 The Incidence of Surplus Labor in Rural China: A Nonparametric Estimation
by Ying Chu, Ng & Sung-ko, Li & Shu-ki, Tsang
- 581-605 On the Neutrality of Asset Ownership for Work Incentives
by Dow, Gregory K.
- 606-618 Seniority-Wage System and the Growth of a Labor-Managed Firm
by Nakamura, Tamotsu
- 619-625 A Note on Comparative Statics for a Labor-Managed Firm Engaged in Exporting
by Baniak, Andrzej
- 626-628 Mario I. Blejer and Marko Skreb, Financial Sector Transformation--Lessons from Economies in Transition
by Buch, Claudia M.
- 629-631 David Held, Anthony McGrew, David Goldblatt, and Jonathan Perraton, Global Transformations: Politics, Economics and Culture
by Spechler, Martin C.
- 632-634 Thomas Lange and J. R. Shackleton, Eds., The Political Economy of German Unification
by Kopstein, Jeffrey
- 635-637 Daniel Vaughan-Whitehead, Albania in Crisis: The Predictable Fall of the Shining Star
by Sanfey, Peter
2000, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 219-246 Which Enterprises (Believe They) Have Soft Budgets? Evidence on the Effects of Ownership and Decentralization in Mongolia
by Anderson, James H. & Korsun, Georges & Murrell, Peter
- 247-268 Property Rights and the Nature of Chinese Collective Enterprises
by Tian, Guoqiang
- 269-292 The Road to Capitalism: Competition and Institutional Change in China
by Li, Shaomin & Li, Shuhe & Zhang, Weiying
- 293-320 The Impact of Credit Control and Interest Rate Regulation on the Transforming Chinese Economy: An Analysis of Long-Run Effects
by Fung, Michael Ka-Yiu & Ho, Wai-Ming & Zhu, Lijing
- 321-339 The Impact of Financial Liberalization on Stock Price Volatility in Emerging Markets
by Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei
- 340-363 Rotating Savings and Credit Associations in Developed Countries: The German-Austrian Bausparkassen
by Scholten, Ulrich
- 364-378 Audit Hierarchy in a Corrupt Tax Administration
by Sanyal, Amal
- 379-399 Environmental Crime and Punishment in the Czech Republic: Penalties against Firms and Employees
by Earnhart, Dietrich
- 400-421 Modeling Korean Unification
by Noland, Marcus & Robinson, Sherman & Wang, Tao
- 422-425 Ben S. Bernanke, Thomas Laubach, Frederic S. Mishkin, and Adam S. Posen, Inflation Targeting: Lessons from the International Experience
by Orlowski, Lucjan T.
- 426-427 Marie Lavigne, The Economics of Transition: From Socialist Economy to Market Economy
by Huang, Yiping
- 428-430 Gary R. Saxonhouse and T. N. Srinivasan (Eds.), Development, Duality, and the International Economic Regime: Essays in Honor of Gustav Ranis
by Meier, Gerald M.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-31 Bureaucrats, State Banks, and the Efficiency of Credit Allocation: The Experience of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises
by Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 32-60 Prereform Industry and State Monopsony in China
by Dong, Xiao-Yuan & Putterman, Louis
- 61-79 Exchange Rate Variability and China's Exports
by Chou, W. L.
- 80-94 Agency and Self-Enforcing Contracts
by Tao, Zhigang & Zhu, Tian
- 95-107 Choosing between Big-Bang and Gradualist Reforms: An Option Price Approach
by Katz, Barbara G. & Owen, Joel
- 108-133 Money Growth-Inflation Relationship in Postcommunist Russia
by Nikolic, Milan
- 134-155 Soviet Industrial Production, 1928 to 1955: Real Growth and Hidden Inflation
by Harrison, Mark
- 156-171 Income Inequality and the Informal Economy in Transition Economies
by Rosser, J. Jr. & Rosser, Marina V. & Ahmed, Ehsan
- 172-206 Causes of Output Decline in Economic Transition: The Case of Central and Eastern European Agriculture
by Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
1999, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 595-617 Grime and Punishment: Job Insecurity and Wage Arrears in the Russian Federation
by Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan & Acquisti, Alessandro
- 618-643 Human Capital, Growth, and Inequality in Russia
by Fan, Chengze Simon & Overland, Jody & Spagat, Michael
- 644-668 The Income, Savings, and Monetary Overhang of Soviet Households
by Kim, Byung-Yeon
- 669-685 Monetary Growth and Inflation in China: A Reexamination
by Hasan, Mohammad S.
- 686-701 Which Regional Inequality? The Evolution of Rural-Urban and Inland-Coastal Inequality in China from 1983 to 1995
by Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 702-729 Wages and Employment in China's SOEs, 1980-1994: Corporatization, Market Development, and Insider Forces
by Lee, Young
- 730-752 Evidence of European Trade and Investment U-Shaping Industrial Output in Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, and Romania
by Repkine, Alexandre & Walsh, Patrick Paul
- 753-781 The Stability of Monetary Unions: Lessons from the Breakup of Czechoslovakia
by Fidrmuc, Jan & Horvath, Julius & Fidrmuc, Jarko
- 782-784 Kari Alho, Mika Erkkila, and Markku Kotilainen (Eds.), The Economics and Politics of Integration -- a Finnish Perspective
by Sutela, Pekka
- 785-789 Peter Gottschalk, Bjorn Gustafson, and Edward Palmer (Eds.), Changing Patterns in the Distribution of Economic Welfare. An International Perspective
by Milanovic, Branko
- 790-793 Jean C. Oi, Rural China Takes Off: Institutional Foundations of Economic Reform
by Prybyla, Jan
- 794-796 Jozeph M. van Brabant, The Political Economy of Transition: Coming to Grips With History and Methodology
by Rutland, Peter
- 797-798 Yanrui Wu, Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in China
by Pomfret, Richard
1999, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 395-397 Corporate Governance in the Former Soviet Union
by Estrin, Saul & Wright, Mike
- 398-421 Corporate Governance in the Former Soviet Union: An Overview
by Estrin, Saul & Wright, Mike
- 422-441 The Nature and Determinants of Ownership Changes after Privatization: Evidence from Estonia
by Jones, Derek C. & Mygind, Niels
- 442-458 Enterprise Performance and Corporate Governance in Ukraine
by Estrin, Saul & Rosevear, Adam
- 459-474 Corporate Governance and Employee Ownership in an Economic Crisis: Enterprise Strategies in the Former USSR
by Buck, Trevor & Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike & Zhukov, Vladimir
- 475-497 Spatial Patterns in China's Rural Industrial Growth and Prospects for the Alleviation of Regional Income Inequality
by Hare, Denise & West, Loraine A.
- 498-513 Ownership Concentration and Corporate Performance in the Czech Republic
by Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon
- 514-533 Corporate Farm Performance in Russia, 1991-1995: An Efficiency Analysis
by Sedik, David & Trueblood, Michael & Arnade, Carlos
- 534-552 The Determinants of Official and Free-Market Exchange Rates in Albania during Transition
by Muco, Marta & Papapanagos, Harry & Sanfey, Peter
- 553-561 Shanghai Stock Prices as Determined by the Present-Value Model
by Chow, Gregory C. & Fan, Zhao-zhi & Hu, Jin-yan
- 576-579 T. M. Thomas Isaac, Richard W. Franke, and Pyaralal Raghavan, Democracy at Work in an Indian Industrial Cooperative. The Story of Kerala Dinesh Beedi. Ithaca, NY: ILR Press, 1998
by Smith, Stephen C.
- 586-588 Branko Milanovic, Income, Inequality, and Poverty during the Transition from Planned to Market Economy. Washington, DC: The World Bank, 1998. xiii + 237 pp., $30.00
by Raiser, Martin
1999, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 209-230 The Value of Waiting: Russia's Integration into the International Capital Markets
by Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Pierdzioch, Christian
- 231-257 Privatization and Price Convergence: Evidence from Four Markets in Kyiv
by Conway, Patrick
- 259-280 A Neoclassical Growth Model Applied to Transition in Central Europe
by Krkoska, Libor
- 281-293 The Enterprise Isolation Program in Romania
by Djankov, Simeon
- 295-317 Output and Exports in Transition Economies: A Labor Management Model
by Bennett, John & Estrin, Saul & Hare, Paul
- 319-333 Equivalence and Stability Results for Two Forms of Workers' Enterprise Facing Imperfect Labor Markets
by Sertel, Murat R. & Toros, Ozgur
- 335-353 The Yugoslav Hyperinflation of 1992-1994: Causes, Dynamics, and Money Supply Process
by Petrovic, Pavle & Bogetic, Zeljko & Vujosevic, Zorica
- 355-363 Wan's "New Approach" to Technical Change: A Comment
by Felipe, Jesus & McCombie, J. S. L.
- 365-366 Wan's "New Approach" to Technical Change: A Reply
by Wan, Guang Hua
- 367-370 John Bonin, Kalman Mizsei, Istvan Szekely, and Paul Wachtel, Banking in Transition Economies: Developing Market Oriented Banking Sectors in Eastern Europe
by Buch, Claudia M.
- 371-372 Michael Ellman and Vladimir Kontorovich (Eds.), The Destruction of the Soviet Economic System: An Insiders' History
by Hunter, Holland
- 373-373 Roman Frydman, Kenneth Murphy, and Andrzej Rapaczynski (Eds.), Capitalism with a Comrade's Face
by Hunter, Holland
- 375-377 J. Rogers Hollingsworth and Robert Boyer (Eds.), Contemporary Capitalism: The Embeddedness of Institutions
by Clague, Christopher
- 379-381 David Kotz (with Fred Weir), Revolution from Above: The Demise of the Soviet System
by Elliott, John E.
- 383-385 Kuotsai Tom Liou, Managing Economic Reforms in Post-Mao China
by Prybyla, Jan
- 387-388 Marcus Noland (Ed.), Economic Integration of the Korean Peninsula
by Prybyla, Jan
- 389-390 Martin Rein and Eskil Wadensjo, Enterprise and the Welfare State
by Tullock, Gordon
- 391-392 Raphael Shen, The Restructuring of Romania's Economy: A Paradigm of Flexibility and Adaptability
by Jackson, Marvin
- 393-394 D. H. Whittaker, Small Firms in the Japanese Economy
by Flath, David
1999, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-3 Unemployment and Labor Market Policies in Transition Countries
by Boeri, Tito & Lehmann, Hartmut
- 4-32 Returns to Mobility in the Transition to a Market Economy
by Boeri, Tito & Flinn, Christopher J.
- 33-60 Labor Market Policies and Unemployment in the Czech Republic
by Terrell, Katherine & Sorm, Vit
- 61-89 Active Labor Market Policies in Poland: Human Capital Enhancement, Stigmatization, or Benefit Churning?
by Kluve, Jochen & Lehmann, Hartmut & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 90-112 Effects of Active Labor Market Programs on the Transition Rate from Unemployment into Regular Jobs in the Slovak Republic
by Lubyova, Martina & van Ours, Jan C.
- 113-130 Does the Slovenian Public Work Program Increase Participants' Chances to Find a Job?
by Vodopivec, Milan
- 131-149 Prices in the Two Germanies
by Dietzenbacher, Erik & Wagener, Hans-Jurgen
- 150-167 Participation and the Location of Decision Making in the Firm
by Katzner, Donald W.
- 168-189 Multiple Penalty Mechanisms in a Principal-Agent Model under Different Institutional Arrangements
by Earnhart, Dietrich
- 190-191 Vincent Barnett, Kondratiev and the Dynamics of Economic Development: Long Cycles and Industrial Growth in Historical Context
by Hunter, Holland
- 192-194 Padma Desai (Ed.), Going Global: Transition from Plan to Market in the World Economy
by Meyer, Klaus
- 195-197 David J. Pyle, China's Economy: From Revolution to Reform
by Prybyla, Jan
- 198-201 J. Gregory Sidak and Daniel F. Spulber, Deregulatory Takings and the Regulatory Contract: The Competitive Transformation of Network Industries in the United States
by Vogelsang, Ingo
- 202-205 David L. Weimer (Ed.), The Political Economy of Property Rights
by Koford, Kenneth
1998, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 613-620 Introduction: Exchange Rates, Capital Flows, and Commercial Policies in Transition Economies
by Brada, Josef C.
- 621-641 Macroeconomic Fragility and Exchange Rate Vulnerability: A Cautionary Record of Transition Economies
by Desai, Padma
- 642-668 Exchange Rate Regimes and the Stability of Trade Policy in Transition Economies
by Drabek, Zdenek & Brada, Josef C.
- 669-690 Pegging Out: Lessons from the Czech Exchange Rate Crisis
by Begg, David
- 691-717 Exchange Rate Policy in Transition Economies: The Case of Hungary
by Szapary, Gyorgy & Jakab, Zoltan M.
- 718-734 A Note on Initial Conditions and Liberalization during Transition
by Krueger, Gary & Ciolko, Marek
- 735-760 Quantifying Price Liberalization in Russia
by Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N. & Husted, Steven
- 761-782 Foreign Direct Investment and Contract Enforcement
by Tao, Zhigang & Wang, Susheng
- 783-804 Trends and Inequalities of Rural Welfare in China: Evidence from Rural Households in Guangdong and Sichuan
by Kai-yuen, Tsui
- 805-821 Static and Dynamic Productivity among Yugoslav Enterprises: Components and Correlates
by Ferrier, Gary D. & Klinedinst, Mark & Linvill, Carl B.
- 822-824 Robert J. Barro, Determinants of Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Study
by Levine, Ross
- 825-828 Makoto Kumazawa, Portraits of the Japanese Workplace: Labor Movements, Workers, and Managers. [Translated from Japanese into English by Andrew Gordon and Mikiso Hane.]
by Odaka, Konosuke
- 829-832 Bertell Ollman, Ed., Market Socialism: The Debate Among Socialists
by Yunker, James A.
- 833-835 Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
by Miller, Jeffrey B.
- 836-837 James Angresano,The Political Economy of Gunnar Myrdal: An Institutional Basis for the Transformation Problem.Cheltenham, UK: Elgar, 1997. xiii + 224 pp
by Barber, William J.
1998, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 415-428 R&D Competition in a Mixed Duopoly under Uncertainty and Easy Imitation
by Poyago-Theotoky, Joanna
- 429-445 Job Creation, Job Destruction, and Growth of Newly Established, Privatized, and State-Owned Enterprises in Transition Economies: Survey Evidence from Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania
by Bilsen, Valentijn & Konings, Jozef
- 446-464 Productive Efficiency during Transition: Evidence from Bulgarian Panel Data
by Jones, Derek & Klinedinst, Mark & Rock, Charles
- 465-484 Ownership Structure and Determinants of Technical Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Chinese Enterprises (1986-1990)
by Zheng, Jinghai & Liu, Xiaoxuan & Bigsten, Arne
- 485-501 Employment and Wage Determination in China's Rural Industry: Investigation Using 1984-1990 Panel Data
by Dong, Xiao-yuan
- 502-528 Factor Decomposition of Chinese Rural Income Inequality: New Methodology, Empirical Findings, and Policy Implications
by Kai-yuen, Tsui
- 529-543 The Weather Factor and Variability in China's Grain Supply
by Carter, Colin A. & Zhang, Bin
- 544-564 Money Demand in China: A Disaggregate Approach
by Xu, Yingfeng
- 565-566 William Lever and Antoine Bailly (Eds.), The Spatial Impact of Economic Changes in Europe: Studies of Science in Europe
by Petrakos, George
- 567-569 Andreas Pickel and Helmut Wiesenthal, The Grand Experiment: Debating Shock Therapy, Transition Theory, and the East German Experience
by Bryson, Phillip J.
- 570-572 Ronald W. Anderson, Erik Berglof, and Kalman Mizsei, Banking Sector Development in Central and Eastern Europe
by Meyendorff, Anna
- 573-574 J. Mark Ramseyer and Frances M. Rosenbluth, The Politics of Oligarchy: Institutional Choice in Imperial Japan
by Comisso, Ellen
- 575-576 Alex F. Dowlah and John E. Elliott, The Life and Times of Soviet Socialism
by Gregory, Paul R.
- 577-579 Nicholas Crafts and Gianni Toniolo (Eds.), Economic Growth in Europe since 1945
by Frank, Jeff
- 580-582 Manuel H. Johnson and Robert E. Keleher, Monetary Policy, a Market Price Approach
by Siklos, Pierre L.
- 583-586 S. Togan and V. N. Balasubramanyam (Eds.), The Economy of Turkey since Liberalization
by Kutan, Ali M.
- 587-588 Stephen Fortescue, Policy-Making for Russian Industry
by Hunter, Holland
- 589-591 Barry Eichengreen, Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System
by Salvatore, Dominick
- 592-594 Martin Myant, Frank Fleischer, Kurt Hornschild, Ruzena Vintrova, Karel Zeman, and Zdenek Soucek, Successful Transformations? The Creation of Market Economies in Eastern Germany and the Czech Republic
by Altmann, Franz-Lothar
- 595-596 Clifford G. Gaddy, The Price of the Past: Russia's Struggle with the Legacy of a Militarized Economy
by Grossman, Gregory
- 597-599 Ronald I. McKinnon and Kenichi Ohno, Dollar and Yen: Resolving Economic Conflict between the United States and Japan
by Noland, Marcus
- 600-602 Derek C. Jones and Jeffrey Miller (Eds.), The Bulgarian Economy: Lessons from Reform during Early Transition
by Dobrinsky, Rumen
- 603-605 Christine P. W. Wong (Ed.), Financing Local Government in the People's Republic of China
by Park, Albert
- 606-609 Lewis W. Snider, Growth, Debt, and Politics: Economic Adjustment and the Political Performance of Developing Countries
by Gallarotti, Giulio
- 610-611 Olivier Blanchard, The Economics of Post-Communist Transition
by Johnson, Simon
1998, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 211-225 The Income of Socialist Upper Classes during the Transition to Capitalism: Evidence from Longitudinal East German Data
by Bird, Edward J. & Frick, Joachim R. & Wagner, Gert G.
- 226-245 Business Cycle in Czechoslovakia under Central Planning: Were Credit Shocks Causing It?
by Bulir, Ales
- 246-261 The Wage Differential between Nonprofit Institutions and Corporations: Getting More by Paying Less?
by Handy, Femida & Katz, Eliakim
- 262-281 Does Ownership Always Matter?--Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry
by Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata & Bhaumik, Sumon K.
- 282-300 Bank Efficiency in Croatia: A Stochastic-Frontier Analysis
by Kraft, Evan & Tirtiroglu, Dogan
- 301-316 Ownership Structure, Lending Bias, and Liquidity Constraints: Evidence from Shanghai's Manufacturing Sector
by Chow, Clement Kong Wing & Fung, Michael Ka Yiu
- 317-337 Shares versus Residual Claimant Contracts: The Case of Chinese TVEs
by Hsiao, Cheng & Nugent, Jeffrey & Perrigne, Isabelle & Qiu, Jicheng
- 338-357 Transient Poverty in Postreform Rural China
by Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin
- 358-387 Tariff Reduction, Tax Replacement, and Implications for Income Distribution in China
by Wang, Zhi & Zhai, Fan
- 388-390 Dallago Bruno and Mittone Luigi (Eds.), Economic Institutions, Markets and Competition: Centralization and Decentralization in the Transformation of Economic Systems
by Miller, Jeffrey B.
- 391-392 Bijit Bora and Christopher Findlay (Eds.), Regional Integration and the Asia-Pacific
by Gray, H. Peter
- 393-394 Manabendu Chattopadhyay, Praditp Maiti, and Mihir Rakshit (Eds.), Planning and Economic Policy in India: Evaluation and Lessons for the Future
by Gang, Ira N.
- 395-397 Jang-Sup Shin, The Economics of the Latecomers: Catching-Up, Technology Transfer and Institutions in Germany, Japan and South Korea
by Kim, Youn-Suk
- 398-400 Peter Nolan, China's Rise, Russia's Fall: Politics, Economics & Planning in Transition from Stalinism
by Levigne, Marie
- 401-404 David Wall, Jiang Boke, and Yin Xiangshuo, China's Opening Door
by Clark, Clifford D.
- 405-406 Fidelis Ezeala-Harrison, Economic Development: Theory and Policy Applications
by Weaver, Janice E.
- 407-409 Stephen Davies and Bruce Lyons, Industrial Organization in the European Union: Structure, Strategy, and the Competitive Mechanism
by Karlson, Stephen H.
- 410-413 Kazimierz Z. Poznanski (Ed.), The Evolutionary Transition to Capitalism
by Ahrens, Joachim
1998, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-8 The "Transition" in Comparative Economics
by Bonin, John P.
- 9-10 The Soft Budget Constraint and Transition Economies
by Bai, Chong-en
- 11-17 The Concept of the Soft Budget Constraint Syndrome in Economic Theory
by Kornai, Janos
- 18-40 Soft Budget Constraints and Banking in Transition Economies
by Berglof, Erik & Roland, Gerard
- 41-61 Bureaucratic Control and the Soft Budget Constraint
by Bai, Chong-en & Wang, Yijiang
- 62-79 Soft Budget Constraint and the Optimal Choices of Research and Development Projects Financing
by Huang, Haizhou & Xu, Chenggang
- 80-103 Do Firms in Transition Economies Have Soft Budget Constraints? A Reconsideration of Concepts and Evidence
by Schaffer, Mark E.
- 104-116 Causes of the Soft Budget Constraint: Evidence on Three Explanations
by Li, David D. & Liang, Minsong
- 117-141 Balanced or Unbalanced Development: Special Economic Zones as Catalysts for Transition
by Litwack, John M. & Qian, Yingyi
- 142-149 A Contribution to the Theory of Price Regulations and Commodity Bundling with an Application to the Case of China
by Johnston, Richard S. & Zhang, Zhengkun
- 150-164 The Macroeconomic Effects of Waiting Workers in the Chinese Economy
by Yin, Xiangkang
- 165-174 The Equilibrium Exchange Rate of the Chinese Renminbi
by Chou, W. L. & Shih, Y. C.
- 175-191 Estimating Investment Functions Based on Cointegration: The Case of China
by Sun, Laixiang
- 192-195 David Hackett-Fischer, The Great Wave: Price Revolutions and the Rhythm of History
by Ames, Edward
- 196-200 Marco Orru, Nicole Woolsey Biggart, and Gary G. Hamilton, The Economic Organization of East Asian Capitalism
by Prybyla, Jan
- 201-203 Yegor Gaidar and Karl Otto Pohl, Russian Reform/International Money
by Dallago, Bruno
- 204-206 Dali Yang, Calamity and Reform in China
by Wen, Guanzhong James
1997, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 297-321 On Reform Intensity under Uncertainty
by Johnson, Simon & Kouvelis, Panos & Sinha, Vikas