Estimation of Household Demand Systems Using Unit Value Data
AbstractWe develop a method for estimation of price reactions using unit value data which exploits the implicit links between quantity and unit value choices. This allows us to combine appealing Engel curve specifications with a model of unit value determination in a way which is consistent with demand theory, unlike methods hitherto prominent in the literature. The method is applied to Czech data. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research in its series ZEW Discussion Papers with number 97-06.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Consumer demand; unit values; quality;
Other versions of this item:
- Ian Preston & Ian Crawford & François Laisney, 1996. "Estimation of household demand systems using unit value data," IFS Working Papers W96/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lahatte, Agenor & Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, Francois & Preston, Ian, 1998.
"Demand systems with unit values:: A comparison of two specifications,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 281-290, March.
- Lahatte, Agénor & Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, François & Preston, Ian, 1997. "Demand Systems with Unit Values: A Comparsion of Two Specifications," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lahatte, Agenor, 2003. "Restrictions on the autoregressive parameters of share systems with spatial dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 225-229, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.