Asymptotic theory for M estimators for martingale differences with applications to GARCH models
AbstractWe generalize the results for statistical functionals given by [Fernholz, 1983] and [Serfling, 1980] to M estimates for samples drawn for an ergodic and stationary martingale sequence. In a first step, we take advantage of some recent results on the uniform convergency of the empirical distribution given by [Adams & Nobel, 2010] to prove consistency of M estimators, before we assume Hadamard differentiability of our estimators to prove their asymptotic normality. Further we apply the results to the LAD estimator of [Peng & Yao, 2003] and the maximum-likelihood estimator for GARCH processes to show the wide field of possible applications of this method. --
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Institut für Wirtschaftspolitik und Quantitative Wirtschaftsforschung (IWQW) in its series IWQW Discussion Paper Series with number 09/2010.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Hadamard differential; M estimator; von Mises Calculus; martingale differences; GARCH models;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2010-11-20 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2010-11-20 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.