Polynomics telecommunication regulation index 2012
AbstractIn order to study the effect of sector-specific regulation on industry behavior and market outcome, regulatory density must be measured. The Polynomics Telecommunication Regulation Index 2012 aims to provide such a measure for telecommunications. It is based on coded answers to almost 30 questions regarding sector specific regulations. All questions were selected by the criterion that they potentially relate to investment and innovation activity by telecommunication companies. Each question either concerns fixed network, the mobile network and/or NGA networks or multiple networks. This procedure results in more than 40 regulatory indicators per country and year. The indicators are evaluated and gathered for 32 countries (EU-27, Australia, Japan, Switzerland, Singapore, USA) for a period of 14 years (1997 until 2010). Based on the regulatory indicators various sub-indices and indices can be constructed. The data set is available from Polynomics upon request. Visit http://www.polynomics.ch/rdi. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Telecommunications Society (ITS) in its series 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 with number 60399.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.itseurope.org/
Empirical research; index; innovation; regulatory density; telecommunication sector;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michał Grajek & Lars-Hendrik Rï¿½ller, 2012.
"Regulation and Investment in Network Industries: Evidence from European Telecoms,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 189 - 216.
- Michał Grajek & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2009. "Regulation and Investment in Network Industries: Evidence from European Telecoms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-039, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Michal Grajek & Lars-Hendrik RÃ¶ller, 2009. "Regulation and investment in network industries: Evidence from European telecoms," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-09-004, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Chalmeau, Olivier, 2013. "Determinants of European telecommunication operators systematic risk," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88495, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.