Managing the interface between public sector applied research and technological development in the Chinese enterprise sector
AbstractChina's technological capabilities are emerging rapidly and the country will become a major challenger to established nations in terms of R&D and innovation in the near future. For the moment, however, contradictory signals emerge from the Chinese economy leaving experts pondering about the country's true potential for technological upgrading on a broad scale. The integration of the domestic research system, international technology transfer, and technological development remains limited to a few high-tech companies, while large segments of the domestic private sector have limited access to knowledge and technologies to upgrade their activities. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI) in its series Discussion Papers "Innovation Systems and Policy Analysis" with number 17.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
China; Guangdong; interface; knowledge supply; knowledge demand; regional innovation system; science-industry relations;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2009-12-19 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2009-12-19 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patel, Pari, 1995. "Localised Production of Technology for Global Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 141-53, February.
- Pari Patel & Keith Pavitt, 1991. "Large Firms in the Production of the World’s Technology: An Important Case of “Non-Globalisation”," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Kroll, Henning, 2009. "The regional development of science and innovation in China: a brief review of current evidence on matches and mismatches," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R1/2009, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Kroll, Henning & Tagscherer, Ulrike, 2009. "Chinese regional innovation systems in times of crisis: the case of Guangdong," Discussion Papers "Innovation Systems and Policy Analysis" 19, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.