Regional Wage Inflation and Unemployment Dynamics in Great Britain
AbstractThis paper develops a two-equation model of the regional labor market in which wage inflation and unemployment rates are jointly endogenous variables. The model is tested on annual data for the ten standard regions of Great Britain over the 1971-85 period. In addition, an exploratory analysis of the factors associated with regional differences in wage rigidity is presented. Copyright 1992 by Scottish Economic Society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Lancaster in its series Working Papers with number ec20/90.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics The Management School Lancaster University Lancaster LA1 4YX UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1524 594228
Fax: +44 (0) 1524 594244
Web page: http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/econ/wkpap.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Hyclak, Thomas & Johnes, Geraint, 1992. "Regional Wage Inflation and Unemployment Dynamics in Great Britain," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 39(2), pages 188-200, May.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geraint Johnes & T.Hyclak, .
"The Determinants of Real Wage Flexibility,"
ec12/91, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Arne Heise, 1998. "Behindert das 'Modell Deutschland' den Tertiarisierungsprozess? Ein Vergleich mit Großbritannien," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 24(3), pages 331-352.
- Peter Hayes, 2005. "Estimating UK regional price indices, 1974-96," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 333-344.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.