Monetary neutrality in one specific class of DGE model with staggered prices
AbstractIn this paper I show that monetary neutrality proposition holds for one specific parameterization of a dynamic general equilibrium model of monopolistic competition even if nominal rigidity in a form of staggered price setting or partial adjustment price-setting mechanism is present in a model. This parameterization is a result of a zero profit condition for intermediate goods producers and it requires that degree of increasing returns in intermediate goods production is equal to price- marginal costs markup.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0112003.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 10 Dec 2001
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - MS Word; prepared on IBM PC ; to print on HP/; pages: 10
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
macroeconomics business cycles staggered prices;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- F49 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Other
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farmer, Roger E.A., 2000.
"Two New Keynesian Theories Of Sticky Prices,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 74-107, March.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:4:y:2000:i:1:p:74-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurence Ball & David Romer, 1987.
"Real Rigidities and the Non-Neutrality of Money,"
NBER Working Papers
2476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Galí, 1993.
"Monopolistic competition, business cycles and the composition of aggregate demand,"
Economics Working Papers
45, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Gali Jordi, 1994. "Monopolistic Competition, Business Cycles, and the Composition of Aggregate Demand," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 73-96, June.
- Gali, J., 1991. "Monopolistic Competition, Business Cycles and the Composition of Aggregate Demand," Papers 92-03, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998.
"Sticky price models of the business cycle: can the contract multiplier solve the persistence problem?,"
217, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2000. "Sticky Price Models of the Business Cycle: Can the Contract Multiplier Solve the Persistence Problem?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1151-1180, September.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1996. "Sticky Price Models of the Business Cycle: Can the Contract Multiplier Solve the Persistence Problem?," NBER Working Papers 5809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Huang & Z. Liu, .
"Staggered contracts and business cycle persistence,"
2000-08, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Huang, K.X. & Liu, Z., 1999. "Staggered Contracts and Business Cycle Persistence," Papers 305, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Kevin X. D. Huang & Zheng Liu, 1998. "Staggered contracts and business cycle persistence," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 127, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kevin X. D. Huang & Zheng Liu, 1998. "Staggered Contracts and Business Cycle Persistence," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 105, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-66, September.
- Michael T. Kiley, 1997. "Staggered price setting and real rigidities," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:nbr:nberre:0126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, John B, 1980.
"Aggregate Dynamics and Staggered Contracts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Roger E.A. Farmer, 1990.
UCLA Economics Working Papers
588, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.