Paying paper by paper
AbstractIcelandic university teachers, the Ministry of Finance and the University of Iceland have been conducting an interesting experiment by changing the form of remuneration of university teachers in a fundamental way. This paper accounts for the development of university teachers salaries the last 20-30 years and gives the details of the remuneration system as well as its impact on wage development and wage dispersion within the university community. The effect of the changed system of remuneration on scholary productivity is also discussed. JEL-categories: J3, J5, H8 Keywords: Remuneration of university teachers, work incentives, salaries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Labor and Demography with number 0311003.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 15 Nov 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on Mac OS X; pages: 20; figures: 2
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Remuneration of university teachers; work incentives; salaries.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2003-11-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2003-11-16 (International Finance)
- NEP-LAB-2003-11-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2003-11-16 (Public Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.