A Model of Demographic and Economic Processe Interaction
AbstractThis paper gives a description of fertility influence on education level of population and its well-being. We carry out the consideration by a demographic model keeping age structure. We suppose that (i) a part of GDP ia used for investment in education, (ii) the production level depends on the education level, and (iii) the pollution ia directly prportional to the size of population. We are carrying on research on the dependence of average consumption on demographic structure of the population for an industrialised economy. in the model each age group of population has different skilled level determined by education and different level of potential labour productivity. The education level is complitly determined by education expenditures. We have found the relation between the value of average consumption of population and the children adults ratio, share of education expenditures in GDP. We have found that yhe quality of life can be improved by descrease of the population size not only ecologically but also economically.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Labor and Demography with number 0309006.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 16 Sep 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Acrobat PDF; prepared on tex; to print on HP; pages: 10 ; figures: included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
education level; skilled labour; fertility; well-being; age group; pollution; ecology; ndustrialised economy; quality of life; population size;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2003-09-24 (Education)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicholas Olenev, 2003. "Production Function of Skilled and Unskilled Labour in a Model of a Non-Growing Russian Economy. - Aberdeen: ILM Conference Proceedings, October 11-12, 1999. PP.560-575," Labor and Demography 0309005, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.