Free Zones in Turkey and Their Macroeconomic Effects
AbstractIn this paper, the author presents a simple theoretical framework to discuss the potential contributions of free trade zones on the host country. Then, he mainly concentrates on the effects of free zones in Turkey on the Turkish economy. Note: This is the revised version of the paper which is presented at the seminar on "The Concepts and Instruments of the Economic Development in Turkey: A Model for Palestine?", October 26-30, 1995, Antalya, Turkey. (This Version: February 5, 1996)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0301001.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 15 Jan 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Microsoft Word / Acrobat Reader; prepared on Apple Macintosh; to print on any printer; pages: 25 ; figures: included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Free (trade) zones; export processing zones; foreign trade; Turkish economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-19 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang Woon Nam & Doina Maria Radulescu, 2004.
"Types of Tax Concessions for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Free Economic Zones,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p174, European Regional Science Association.
- Chang Woon Nam & Doina Maria Radulescu, 2004. "Types of Tax Concessions for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Free Economic Zones," CESifo Working Paper Series 1175, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2005. "Serbest Bolgelerin Olasi Makroekonomik Etkileri ve Dusundurdukleri (= On Possible Macroeconomic Effects of Free Zones)," International Trade 0509009, EconWPA.
- Dula Borozan & Zeljko Klepo, 2007. "Free Zone - the Source of Socio-Economic Benefits," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia, vol. 3, pages 75-91.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.