The Nigerian Coal Corporation: An Evaluation Of Production Performance(1960 1987)
AbstractCOAL WAS DISCOVERED IN NIGERIA IN 1909 AND COAL MINING STARTED WITH A DRIFT MINE AT OGBETE, ENUGU IN 1915. SINCE 1958/59, WHEN COAL PRODUCTION REACHED ITS PEAK, THERE HAS BEEN A PERSISTENT FLUCTUATION IN THE AMOUNT OF COAL PRODUCED IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS. THIS PAPER THEREFORE INVESTIGATES THE MAJOR CAUSES OF THE DECLINE OF THE NIGERIA COAL INDUSTRY AND PROVIDES A FRAMEWORK FOR GREATER(IMPROVED) PERFORMANCE.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0501002.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 20. THIS IS A PREVIOUS RESEARCH PAPER FOR PUBLIC ACCESS.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
NIGERIA; COAL; INDUSTRY; MINING; COSTING; PRODUCTION; MARKET; REVITALIZATION SCHEME; PERFORMANCE; ANALYSIS; ENUGU;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-01-09 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2005-01-09 (Energy Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.