What can we see from Investment Simulation based on Generalized (m,2)-Zipf law?
AbstractThe paper revisits the investment simulation based on strategies exhibited by Generalized (m,2)-Zipf law to present an interesting characterization of the wildness in financial time series. The investigations of dominant strategies on each specific time series shows that longer words dominant in larger time scale exhibit shorter dominant ones in smaller time scale and vice versa. Moreover, denoting the term wildness based on persistence over short term trend and memory represented by particular length of words, we can see how wild historical fluctuations over time series data coped with the Zipf strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0504022.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 29 Apr 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 19
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Generalized (m; 2)-Zipf law; time series; fluctuations; investment.;
Other versions of this item:
- Hokky Situngkir & Yohanes Surya, 2005. "What can we see from Investment Simulation based on Generalized (m,2)-Zipf law?," Papers physics/0504210, arXiv.org, revised May 2005.
- G - Financial Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ausloos, M. & Bronlet, Ph., 2003.
"Strategy for investments from Zipf law(s),"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 30-37.
- Hokky Situngkir & Yohanes Surya, 2004. "Agent-based Model Construction In Financial Economic System," Departmental Working Papers wpa2004, Bandung Fe Institute.
- Hokky Situngkir & Yohanes Surya, 2004.
"Agent-based Model Construction In Financial Economic System,"
- Hokky Situngkir & Yohanes Surya, 2004. "Agent-based Model Construction In Financial Economic System," Papers nlin/0403041, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.