A General Characterization of Quadratic Term Structure Models
AbstractIn this paper, we define a strongly regular quadratic Gaussian process to characterize quadratic term structure models (QTSMs) in a general Markov setting. The key of this definition is to keep the analytical tractability of QTSMs which has the quadratic term structure of the yield curve. In order to keep this property, under the regularity condition, we have proven that no jumps are allowed in the infinitesimal generator of the underlying state process. The coefficient functions defined in the quadratic Gaussian relationship can be decided by the multi-variate Riccati Equations with a unique admissible parameter set. Based on this result, we discuss the pricing problems of QTSMs under default-free and defaultable rates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0211008.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 28 Nov 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Tex; prepared on IBM PC - PC-TEX; to print on PostScript; pages: 40 . We never published this piece and now we would like to reduce our mailing and xerox cost by posting it.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Quadratic Term Structure models; Markov Semigroup theory; Affine process;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-12-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2002-12-02 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2002-12-02 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergei Levendorskii, 2002. "Pseudo-diffusions and Quadratic term structure models," Papers cond-mat/0212249, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2004.
- Peng Cheng & Olivier Scaillet, 2002.
"Linear-Quadratic Jump-Diffusion Modeling with Application to Stochastic Volatility,"
FAME Research Paper Series
rp67, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Olivier Scaillet., 2003. "Linear-Quadratic Jump-Diffusion Modelling with Application to Stochastic Volatility," THEMA Working Papers 2003-29, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.