The Estonian ICT Manufacturing and Software Industry: Current State and Future Outlook
AbstractThis report forms part of the larger study initiated by IPTS on the socio-economic impact of ICTs in the acceding and candidate countries. It aims to describe the ICT manufacturing and software industry in Estonia and also throw light on how this industry will be affected by EU enlargement and how far it will contribute to the achievement of the Lisbon objectives. As well as providing an up-to-date overview of the current situation, including information on the largest ICT manufacturing and software companies, the report also debates possible future scenarios for the Estonian ICT manufacturing and software industry with a closer look at the challenges for the Estonian ICT sector innovation system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0406006.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 28 Jun 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 44. Tarmo Kalvet, The Estonian ICT Manufacturing and Software Industry: Current State and Future Outlook, EUR 21193 EN, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies - Directorate General Joint Research Centre, European Commission: Sevilla, 2004
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
ICT; software; manufacturing industry; innovation; Estonia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-07-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2004-07-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MIC-2004-07-04 (Microeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaminade, Cristina & Plechero, Monica, 2012. "Do regions make a difference? Exploring the role of different regional innovation systems in global innovation networks in the ICT industry," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2012/2, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Reinert, Erik S. & Kattel, Rainer, 2004. "The Qualitative Shift in European Integration: Towards permanent wage pressures and a ‘Latin-Americanization’ of Europe?," MPRA Paper 47909, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.