Generating Surrogate Data for Time Series with Several Simultaneously Measured Variables
AbstractWe propose an extension to multivariate time series of the phase-randomized Fourier-transform algorithm for generating surrogate data. Such surrogate data sets must mimic not only the autoncorrelations of each of the variables in the original data set, they must minic the cross-correlations between all the variables as well. The method is applied both to a simulated example (the three componets of the Lorenz equations) and to data from a multichannel electronencephalogram. PACS numbers: 05.45+b, 02.50.SK, 02.70.Lq, 87.80.+s
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Santa Fe Institute in its series Working Papers with number 94-04-023.
Date of creation: Apr 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1399 Hyde Park Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Web page: http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/publications/working-papers.html
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chong Hong & Beom Kim, 2011. "Mutual information and redundancy for categorical data," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 17-31, February.
- Milan Palus & L. Pecen & D. Pivka, 1995. "Estimating Predictability: Redundancy and Surrogate Data Method," Working Papers 95-07-060, Santa Fe Institute.
- Andrea Beltratti & Claudio Morana, 2006. "Net Inflows and Time-Varying Alphas: The Case of Hedge Funds," ICER Working Papers 30-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Gao, Wei & Zhao, Hongxia, 2013. "Conditional independence graph for nonlinear time series and its application to international financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(10), pages 2460-2469.
- Dalla, Violetta & Hidalgo, Javier, 2005.
"A parametric bootstrap test for cycles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 219-261.
- Dashtian, Hassan & Jafari, G. Reza & Sahimi, Muhammad & Masihi, Mohsen, 2011. "Scaling, multifractality, and long-range correlations in well log data of large-scale porous media," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(11), pages 2096-2111.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.