Laboratory for Simulation Development User Manual
AbstractLsd is a computer package aiming at facilitating the use of simulation models in Economics. This document is meant to explain the concept of "simulation models" used in Lsd, describe how Lsd manage models, and give instructions for its use. The document is structured in five chapters. The first introduces Lsd and the concept of simulation model. The second chapter is a tutorial for the use of the package. It describes Lsd interfaces for running simulations of existing models and produce modified versions of them. The last three chapters describe three models implemented in Lsd. They are meant to present the functions available in Lsd to write complex models. Readers are not requested to possess a deep knowledge of computer programming, but are supposed to be concerned, if not actually involved, with the issues of using computers for simulation modeling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number ir97020.
Date of creation: May 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- S.G. Winter & Y.M. Kaniovski & G. Dosi, 1998.
"Modeling Industrial Dynamics with Innovative Entrants,"
ir98022, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Winter, S. G. & Kaniovski, Y. M. & Dosi, G., 2000. "Modeling industrial dynamics with innovative entrants," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 255-293, September.
- Sydney Winter & Yuri Kaniovski & Giovanni Dosi, 1999. "Modeling Industrial Dynamics with Innovative Entrants," LEM Papers Series 1999/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Francesca Chiaromonte & Giovanni Dosi, 1999. "Modeling a Decentralized Asset Market: An Introduction to the Financial "Toy-Room"," LEM Papers Series 1999/02, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- F. Chiaromonte & M. Berte, 1998. "Some Preliminary Experiments with the Financial "Toy-Room"," Working Papers ir98091, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- F. Chiaromonte & G. Dosi, 1998. "Modeling a Decentralized Asset Market: An Introduction the Financial "Toy Room"," Working Papers ir98115, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Marco Valente, 2009. "Markets fo Heterogeneous Products: a Boundedly Rational Consumer Model," LEM Papers Series 2009/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.