Il livello di disclosure volontaria del modello di business all'interno del prospetto informativo di quotazione
AbstractThis paper aims to identify the level of business model voluntary disclosure adopted by three manufacturing companies within Initial Public Offering (IPO) prospectus in order to investigate whether any differences in the level of disclosure may depend on differences among their business models (due, primarily, to the type of innovation used). A series of interviews conducted with the top management allowed to deeply understand the business model of each company. Furthermore, two different content analysis (qualitative and quali-quantitative) has been developed to point out the strategic themes contained in the IPO prospectus and their relevance. Focusing the analysis on business model concepts makes it possible to recognize a set of themes common to the companies and others that are exclusives to each company. The exclusives features have been used to determine the business model disclosure level adopted by each selected company in its IPO prospectus. Finally, the study shows how companies with a business model based on design-driven and technology-push innovation have a lower propensity to disclose their distinctive resources.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia in its series Note di Ricerca with number 2.
Length: 47 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2011
Date of revision:
disclosure; modello di business; prospetto informativo; innovazione;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-18 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco LiCalzi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.