Changes in the industrial and geographical diversification of leading firms in European manufacturing
AbstractThe authors present an original attempt to trace the changing industrial and geographical diversification strategy of firms along the integration process. The analysis is based on a unique database covering the product and geographical scope of the leading European firms in the manufacturing sectors for three years characterising different moments in the integration process, 1987 (start), 1993 (half-way) and 1997 (near completion). Before analysing the data, the authors offer some theoretical perspectives about the consequences of the European market integration program for the international strategies and structures of European firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School in its series Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series with number 2003-8.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 31 Mar 2003
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2003-04-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GEO-2003-04-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-IND-2003-04-09 (Industrial Organization)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniele Cerrato & Donatella Depperu, 2012. "Financial Crisis and Corporate Diversification: Evidence from Acquisitions in Italy 2007-2010," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1285, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabelle Vandenbroere).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.