A Comparison of estimators for Empirical Models of Auction
AbstractUsing structural econometric models of equilibrium behaviour in games with incomplete information to intrepret field data from auctions has become increasingly widespread. Several different estimation strategies now exist. In this paper, I compare the performance of these different estimators using a stylized empirical model of a procurement auction within the independent private values paradigm.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics in its series UWO Department of Economics Working Papers with number 9210.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Reference Centre, Social Science Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C2
Phone: 519-661-2111 Ext.85244
Web page: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/department_working_papers.html
economic models ; economic equilibrium ; information ; evaluation;
Other versions of this item:
- Harry J. PAARSCH, 1994. "A Comparison of Estimators for Empirical Models of Auctions," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 34, pages 143-157.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beckert, Walter & McFadden, Daniel L., 2010.
"Maximal Uniform Convergence Rates In Parametric Estimation Problems,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 469-500, April.
- Walter Beckert & Daniel McFadden, 2005. "Maximal uniform convergence rates in parametric estimation problems," CeMMAP working papers CWP06/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Walter Beckert & Daniel McFadden, 2007. "Maximal uniform convergence rates in parametric estimation problems," CeMMAP working papers CWP28/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Walter Beckert & Daniel McFadden, 2004. "Maximal Uniform Convergence Rates in Parametric Estimation Problems," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0405, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Stefan Klonner, 2003. "Empirical Analysis of Rosca Auctions in a South Indian Village," Working Papers 854, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.