Multidimensional Inequality with Variable Household Weight
AbstractWe establish the multidimensional couterpart of the fundamental theorem on the inequality measurement due to Hardy, Littlewood and Polya (HLP, 1934) for the case of household with different weights
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Siena in its series Department of Economics University of Siena with number 667.
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Ramón de Laiglesia & Christian Morrison, 2008.
"Household Structures and Savings: Evidence from Household Surveys,"
OECD Development Centre Working Papers
267, OECD Publishing.
- de Laiglesia, Juan R. & Morrisson, Christian, 2008. "Household Structures and Savings: Evidence from Household Surveys," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 8, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Gleb Koshevoy, 1997. "The Lorenz zonotope and multivariate majorizations," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-14.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1977. "Multidimensional Egalitarianisms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Ernesto Savaglio, 2006. "Multidimensional inequality with variable population size," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 85-94, 05.
- Asis Banerjee, 2014. "A multidimensional Lorenz dominance relation," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 171-191, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.