Multidimensional inequality with variable population size
AbstractWe study inequality in a context of more than one variable by extending a celebrated result of Hardy, Littlewood and Pölya (1934) to the case of distributions with variable population sizes, whose individuals differ in many characteristics besides income. A new ordering between rectangular matrices, representing such distributions, is provided and characterized by convexity theory. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 28 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Sahn, David E. & Younger, Stephen D., 2011.
"Partial multidimensional inequality orderings,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 225-238, April.
- Ernesto Savaglio, 2012. "Multidimensional Inequality with Variable Household Weight," Department of Economics University of Siena 667, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Ernesto Savaglio, 2007.
"On multidimensional inequality with variable distribution mean,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
522, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Savaglio, Ernesto, 2011. "On multidimensional inequality with variable distribution mean," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 453-461.
- Sebastian Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2011. "Subgroup and Shapely Value Decompositions of Multidimensional Inequality: An Application to South East European Countries," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 96, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Marat Ibragimov & Rustam Ibragimov, 2007.
"Market Demand Elasticity and Income Inequality,"
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 579-587, September.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2007.
"New Unit-Consistent Intermediate Inequality Indices,"
63, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Coral Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010. "New unit-consistent intermediate inequality indices," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 505-521, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.