New Jobs — Cleaner Air: Employment Effects Under Planned Changes to the EPA’s Air Pollution Rules
AbstractIn this study commissioned by Ceres, James Heintz, Heidi Garrett-Peltier, and Ben Zipperer examine the economic impacts of air pollution regulations forthcoming from the Environmental Protection Agency: the Clean Air Transport Rule governing sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide emissions, and the National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Boilers rule, which will set limits for hazardous air pollutants. Focusing on 36 states, the study assesses the potential employment impacts of the transformation of the nation’s energy generation plants to a cleaner, more efficient fleet, through investments in pollution controls and the retirement of outdated plants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst in its series Published Studies with number ceres_peri_feb11.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2011-02-19 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-02-19 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-02-19 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2011-02-19 (Regulation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heidi Garrett-Peltier, 2011. "Pedestrian and Bicycle Infrastructure: A National Study of Employment Impacts," Published Studies peri_abikes_october2011, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.