Modelo estructural de función de producción. Un estudio empírico de la innovación en el sector manufacturero español
AbstractThis paper analyses the relationship between productivity, innovation and research at firm level using an extension of CDM's model. The study es performed for spanish manufacturing sector firms using information fron the "Encuesta sobre innovación tecnológica en las empresas" 2000 and 2004. The empirical results suggests that public funds, size of the firms and participation in internationalized markets plays an important role in the decisions to perform internal research activities. In addition, the firms that perform an internal effort in research activities are more probable that become innovative of product and/or of process. Finally, the estimations also emphasize that increases in productivity are positively correlated with the introduction of new products and/or processes and the intensity of the physical capital.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Economía - IECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 12-02.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Innovation; Research; Productivity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-03-28 (Business Economics)
- NEP-INO-2012-03-28 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrés Dean).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.