L1-estimation in linear models with heterogeneous white noise
AbstractNecessary and sufficient conditions are given for the consistency of the L1-estimator of the regression parameter [beta] in linear models with independent but possibly nonidentically distributed errors. The heteroscedastic case is treated as a particular case. The asymptotic normality of is also established, under assumptions which are weaker than in related results on the asymptotics of the sample median in heteroscedastic location models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/2083.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: Statistics & Probability Letters (1999) v.45,p.305-315
Other versions of this item:
- Bantli, Faouzi El & Hallin, Marc, 1999. "L1-estimation in linear models with heterogeneous white noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 305-315, December.
- L1- - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - -
- Het - Public Economics - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liese, F. & Vajda, I., 1994. "Consistency of M-Estimates in General Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-114, July.
- Pollard, David, 1991. "Asymptotics for Least Absolute Deviation Regression Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 186-199, June.
- Marc Hallin & Ivan Mizera, 2001. "Sample heterogeneity and the asymptotics of M-estimators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2103, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Ivan Mizera, 1997. "Unimodality and the asymptotics of M-estimators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2217, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Hallin, Marc & Swan, Yvik & Verdebout, Thomas & Veredas, David, 2013. "One-step R-estimation in linear models with stable errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 195-204.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.