Inference in codependence: some Monte Carlo results and applications
AbstractIn this paper, we investigate through Monte Carlo simulations the behavior of the codependence testing procedure (GouriÃ©roux et Peaucelle ) in small samples and in various usual statistical situations. Our results suggest that, except for the pure MA(q) case, important power losses may occur. The simulation results are illustrated by an analysis of Okun's law conducted for the main OECD countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/10457.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: France. Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques. Annales d'Economie et de Statistique (1999) v.54
Other versions of this item:
- Michel BEINE & Alain HECQ, 1999. "Inference in Codependence : Some Monte Carlo Results and Applications," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 54, pages 69-90.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Hecq, Alain & Verschoor, Willem F.C., 2005. "Measuring common cyclical features during financial turmoil: Evidence of interdependence not contagion," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1317-1334, December.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2001. "Testing for Common Cyclical Features in Var Models with Cointegration," CESifo Working Paper Series 451, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alain W. HECQ, 2005. "Common Trends and Common Cycles in Latin America: A 2-step vs an Iterative Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 258, Society for Computational Economics.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2000. "Testing for Common Cyclical Features in Nonstationary Panel Data Models," CESifo Working Paper Series 248, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon & Alain Hecq, 2000. "Assessing a Perfect European Optimum Currency Area: A Common Cycles Approach," Empirica, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 115-132, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.