Welfare state dynamics
AbstractThe goal in the present paper is twofold, to shed some light on endogenous dynamic of the welfare states, and to provide a procedure to select among several equilibria. To this end, a dynamic model is presented, in which private agents are assumed to be "locked" to current decisions for a while. If "frictions" are large enough, the economy might exhibit more than one stable Paretorankable stationary state. Equilibrium paths would then be determined by history. The economy might become "stuck" at an inferior stationary state, with too much insurance and too little effort.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics - dECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 0896.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: Oct 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Federico Echenique & Alvaro Forteza, 1996.
"Are stabilization programs expansionary?,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
0196, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Alejandro Nin & María Inés Terra, 1996. "Mercosur: un camino a la apertura o la consolidación de un bloque cerrado?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0996, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Gustavo Bittencourt & Rosario Domingo, 1996. "Inversión Extranjera Directa en Uruguay: tendencias y determinantes," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0696, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Adriana Cassoni, 1996. "A bargaining model with uncertainty and varying outside opportunities," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1096, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Elvio Accinelli & Martín Puchet, 1996. "An application of the catastrophe theory in general equilibrium theory," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0296, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Marcel Vaillant, 1996. "El GATT 94 y la Organización Mundial del Comercio. Una nueva agenda para Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0496, Department of Economics - dECON.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio) or (Héctor Pastori).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.