Americanisation behind the Curtain: the History of Management Consulting in Estonia
AbstractManagement consulting started to evolve in Estonia around 40 years ago. The development was affected by the consulting practice and literature mostly from the United States and neighbouring Finland. The most important factors in the development of the consulting sector in Estonia were direct contacts and cooperation of Estonian and Finnish management experts. As a result, the Estonian management theorists and practicioners were of the top level in the whole Soviet Union and affected the management-related thinking and practice in many other management knowledge centres in the Soviet Union. The development of management consulting between 1970 and 1990 formed a good basis for contemporary management consulting and development after Estonia regained its independence from the Soviet rule in 1991.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology in its series Working Papers with number 125.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working Papers in Economics, School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology (TUTWPE), Volume 15, Pages 5-16
Note: This research was undertaken with support from the Scandinavian Institutes for Administrative Research (SIAR). The content of the publication is the sole responsibility of the authors and in no way represents the views of the Institutes.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kopli tn. 101, 11712 Tallinn
Phone: +(372)620 3535
Fax: +(372)620 3946
Web page: http://majandus.ttu.ee
More information through EDIRC
historical research; management consulting; iron wall; American model; consulting practice; consulting project; conference; theory-building; internationalisation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2006-03-25 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRA-2006-03-25 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaak Leimann & Asko Miettinen, 2008. "Dissertations on Organization and Management in Estonia and Finland 1960-1989," Working Papers 175, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Urve Venesaar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.