Nonparametric Least Squares Regression and Testing in Economic Models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Toronto, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number yatchew-99-01.
Length: 56 pages
Date of creation: 23 Oct 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 150 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario
Phone: (416) 978-5283
nonparametric regression; semiparametric regression; partial linear model; least squares; empirical processes; hypothesis testing; conditional moment tests; U-statistics; bootstrap; specification test; significance test; additive separability; multiplicative separability; homogeneity; monotonicity; concavity; demand theory; maximization hypothesis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Robinson, Peter M., 1992.
"Nonparametric and Semiparametric Methods for Economic Research,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/2357, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Delgado, Miguel A & Robinson, Peter M, 1992. " Nonparametric and Semiparametric Methods for Economic Research," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 201-49.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Robinson, Peter M., . "Nonparametric and semiparametric methods for economic research," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/2827, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990.
"A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-58, November.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989. "A consistent conditional moment test of functional form," Serie Research Memoranda 0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Epstein, Larry G. & Yatchew, Adonis J., 1985. "Non-parametric hypothesis testing procedures and applications to demand analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 149-169.
- Goldman, Steven M., 1993.
"Nonparametric Multivariate Regression Subject to Constraint,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt7r623607, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- S. M. Goldman & P. A. Ruud, 1993. "Nonparametric Multivariate Regression Subject to Constraint," Econometrics 9311001, EconWPA.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1993.
"Empirical Process Methods in Econometrics,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1059, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gozalo, Pedro L., 1993. "A Consistent Model Specification Test for Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Function Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 451-477, June.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1982. "Unbiased determination of production technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 285-323, November.
- Gad Allon & Michael Beenstock & Steven Hackman & Ury Passy & Alex Shapiro, 2005.
"Nonparametric estimation of concave production technologies by entropic methods,"
- Gad Allon & Michael Beenstock & Steven Hackman & Ury Passy & Alexander Shapiro, 2007. "Nonparametric estimation of concave production technologies by entropic methods," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 795-816.
- Fengler, Matthias & Hin, Lin-Yee, 2011. "Semi-nonparametric estimation of the call price surface under strike and time-to-expiry no-arbitrage constraints," Economics Working Paper Series 1136, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, revised May 2013.
- Hall, Peter & Yatchew, Adonis, 2005. "Unified approach to testing functional hypotheses in semiparametric contexts," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 225-252, August.
- Yatchew, Adonis & Hardle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Nonparametric state price density estimation using constrained least squares and the bootstrap," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 579-599, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePEc Maintainer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.