Pricing Average Options on Commodities
AbstractThis paper proposes a new approximation formula for pricing average options on commodities under a stochastic volatility environment. In particular, it derives an option pricing formula under Heston and an extended lambda-SABR stochastic volatility models (which includes an extended SABR model as a special case). Moreover, numerical examples support the accuracy of the proposed average option pricing formula.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-747.
Date of creation: Jul 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2004. "Variance reduction for Monte Carlo methods to evaluate option prices under multi-factor stochastic volatility models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 597-606.
- Graeme West, 2005. "Calibration of the SABR Model in Illiquid Markets," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 371-385.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Hoi Ying Wong & Ying Lok Cheung, 2004. "Geometric Asian options: valuation and calibration with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 301-314.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2003. "Pricing Asian options with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 353-362.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.