Quantum Cat's Dilemma: an Example of Intransitivity in a Quantum Game
AbstractWe study a quantum version of the sequential game illustrating problems connected with making rational decisions. We compare the results that the two models (quantum and classical) yield. In the quantum model intransitivity gains importance significantly. We argue that the quantum model describes our spontaneously shown preferences more precisely than the classical model, as these preferences are often intransitive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 28.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Institute of Physics, Uniwersytecka 4, Pl-40007 Katowice
Web page: http://physics.uwb.edu.pl/ift/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "The Next Stage: Quantum Game Theory," Departmental Working Papers 18, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Anna Szczypinska & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "Projective Market Model Approach to AHP Decision-Making," Departmental Working Papers 32, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jerzy Luczka, . "The relativistic velocity addition law optimizes a forecast gambler's profit," Departmental Working Papers 31, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Szczypińska, Anna & Piotrowski, Edward W., 2008. "Projective market model approach to AHP decision making," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3982-3986.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "Quantum Transmemetic Intelligence," Departmental Working Papers 27, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.