Projective Market Model Approach to AHP Decision-Making
AbstractIn this paper we describe market in projective geometry language and give definition of a matrix of market rate, which is related to the matrix rate of return and the matrix of judgements in the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). We use these observations to extend the AHP model to projective geometry formalism and generalise it to intransitive case. We give financial interpretations of such generalised model and propose its simplification. The unification of the AHP model and projective aspect of portfolio theory suggests a wide spectrum of new applications such extended model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 32.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Institute of Physics, Uniwersytecka 4, Pl-40007 Katowice
Web page: http://physics.uwb.edu.pl/ift/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zambrzycka, Anna & Piotrowski, Edward W., 2007. "The matrix rate of return," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 347-353.
- Vargas, Luis G., 1990. "An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 2-8, September.
- Marcin Makowski & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "Quantum Cat's Dilemma: an Example of Intransitivity in a Quantum Game," Departmental Working Papers 28, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, 2006.
"Geometry of Financial Markets -- Towards Information Theory Model of Markets,"
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "Geometry of Financial Markets - Towards Information Theory Model of Markets," Departmental Working Papers 26, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Anna Zambrzycka & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "The Matrix Rate of Return," Departmental Working Papers 25, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- E. W. Piotrowski & J. Sladkowski, 2001.
"Quantum Market Games,"
Game Theory and Information
- Kwiesielewicz, M., 1996. "The logarithmic least squares and the generalized pseudoinverse in estimating ratios," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 611-619, September.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jerzy Luczka, . "The relativistic velocity addition law optimizes a forecast gambler's profit," Departmental Working Papers 31, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.