Arbitrage Risk Induced by Transaction Costs
AbstractWe discuss the time evolution of quotation of stocks and commodities and show that they form an Ising chain. We show that transaction costs induce arbitrage risk that usually is neglected. The full analysis of the portfolio theory is computationally complex but the latest development in quantum computation theory suggests that such a task can be performed on quantum computers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 17.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Institute of Physics, Uniwersytecka 4, Pl-40007 Katowice
Web page: http://physics.uwb.edu.pl/ift/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "What Was the Temperature of the Bagsik Financial Oscillator?," Departmental Working Papers 4, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- E. W. Piotrowski & J. Sladkowski, 2000.
"The thermodynamics of portfolios,"
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2001. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Szczypińska, Anna & Piotrowski, Edward W., 2009. "Inconsistency of the judgment matrix in the AHP method and the decision maker’s knowledge," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(6), pages 907-915.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski & Anna Szczypinska, .
"Reinforcement Learning in Market Games,"
Departmental Working Papers
30, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Ireneusz Pakula & Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "Universality of Measurements on Quantum Markets," Departmental Working Papers 23, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.