Policy and Regulatory Developments in Indonesia's Forestry Sector Since 1967
AbstractThis paper, as its title suggests, discusses policy and regulatory development in the forestry sector in Indonesia for a period of more than 30 years. During this period the forestry sector has experienced a lot of changes. It has contributed significantly to the country's economic development, especially during the later years prior to the crisis. At the onset of the crisis forestry-related activities, including plantations, were among the main producers of exported goods. This development was partly a result of various policies and regulations introduced during the period under consideration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Jakarta, Indonesia in its series CSIS Economics Working Paper Series with number WPE077.
Date of creation: Feb 2004
Date of revision:
Indonesia; forestry policy; regulations; New Order;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2004-02-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENV-2004-02-15 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2004-02-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2004-02-15 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arya B. Gaduh) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Arya B. Gaduh to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.