Asset Pricing in Models with incomplete markets and default
AbstractWe consider an infinite horizon exchange economy with incomplete markets and default. As in Geanakoplos and Zame (1998) financial securities are traded if the promises associated with them are backed by collateral. The only collateral available in our economy are shares of Lucas trees. We prove that equilibria always exist and develeop an algorithm to approximate them numerically
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 with number 58.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/conference/SCE2001/SCE2001.html
More information through EDIRC
incomplete markets; collateral; asset pricing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel A. Iraola & Juan Pablo Torres-Martínez, 2012.
"Liquidity Contractions and Prepayment Risk on Collateralized Asset Markets,"
wp364, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Miguel Angel Iraola & Juan Pablo Torres-Martinez, 2012. "Liquidity Contractions and Prepayment Risk on Collateralized Asset Markets," Working Papers 1204, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Winfried Koeniger & Thomas Hintermaier, 2007. "Incomplete Markets and the Evolution of US Consumer Debt," 2007 Meeting Papers 256, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00657047 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manuel S. Santos & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2012. "Ergodic Invariant Distributions for Non-optimal Dynamic Economics," Working Papers 2012-5, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Johannes Brumm & Michael GRILL & Felix KUBLER & Karl SCHMEDDERS, .
"Collateral Requirements and Asset Prices,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
11-10, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Michael Grill & Karl Schmedders & Felix Kubler & Johannes Brumm, 2011. "Collateral Requirements and Asset Prices," 2011 Meeting Papers 737, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Brumm, Johannes & Grill, Michael & Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2013. "Collateral requirements and asset prices," Discussion Papers 44/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Gaël Giraud, 2010. "Financial Crashes versus liquidity trap : the dilemma of monetary policy," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 10014, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Adrian Peralta-Alva & Manuel S. Santos, 2012.
"Analysis of numerical errors,"
2012-062, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.