Ergodic Invariant Distributions for Non-optimal Dynamic Economics
AbstractIn this paper we are concerned with the simulation of non-optimal dynamic economies. The equilibrium laws of motion of these economies cannot be characterized by the methods of dynamic programming and may not be described by continuous policy functions. We prove existence of an invariant distribution for the equilibrium law of motion, and establish some convergence and accuracy properties for the simulated moments. We obtain these results without resorting to artificial randomizations of the equilibrium correspondence or discretizations of the state space.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Miami, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2012-5.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 08 Jul 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Forthcoming: Under Review
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 248126, Coral Gables, FL 33124-6550
Phone: (305) 284-5540
Fax: (305) 284-2985
Web page: http://www.bus.miami.edu/faculty-and-research/academic-departments/economics/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Markov Equilibrium; Invariant Distribution; Computed Solution; Simulated Moments;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manuel S. Santos & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2005.
"Accuracy of Simulations for Stochastic Dynamic Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 73(6), pages 1939-1976, November.
- Manuel S. Santos & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2003. "Accuracy Of Simulations For Stochastic Dynamic Models," Economics Working Papers we034615, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Manuel S. Santos & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2003. "Accuracy of Simulations for Stochastic Dynamic Models," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000264, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Karl Schmedders, Felix Kubler, 2001. "Asset Pricing in Models with incomplete markets and default," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 58, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Parmeter).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.