The Economics of Media Markets
AbstractMedia and especially mass media like newspapers or magazines are characterised by a number of peculiarities which are interesting from both a theoretical and empirical point of view. The interrelationship of reader and advertising markets, high sunk costs and large economies of scale are typical features. This paper reviews the existent literature on media markets and their peculiarities and lines out areas for further research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg in its series Working Paper with number 10/2003.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2003
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nadine Lindstädt & Oliver Budzinski, 2011.
"Newspaper vs. Online Advertising – Is There a Niche for Newspapers in Modern Advertising Markets?,"
113/11, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Lindstädt, Nadine & Budzinski, Oliver, 2012. "Newspaper vs. online advertising - Is there a niche for newspapers in modern advertising markets?," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 73, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Wright, Julian, 2004.
"Price Structure in Two-sided Markets: Evidence from the Magazine Industry?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
04-80, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Wright, Julian, 2006. "Price structure in two-sided markets: Evidence from the magazine industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Lindstädt, Nadine & Budzinski, Oliver, 2012.
"Newspaper and internet display advertising - co-existence or substitution?,"
Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers
74, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Nadine Lindstädt & Oliver Budzinski, 2012. "Newspaper and Internet Display Advertising – Co-Existence or Substitution?," Working Papers 114/12, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Willem H. Boshoff, 2011. "Antitrust market definition using statistical learning techniques and consumer characteristics," Working Papers 224, Economic Research Southern Africa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Max Steinhardt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.