Urban Planning throughout environmental quality and human well-being
AbstractThe cities of today present some requirements that are not similar to the past. There are cities that the industrial and service sectors are in decline; others begin their journey into the technological and industrial sector. In general, politically and socially are restructured in terms of its economy, which results in an entirely different shape to their primitive structures. As people begin to understand the dynamic nature of landscapes, they will change the way they see the landscape as a static scene. Sustainable cities must be simultaneously economically viable, socially just, politically well managed and ecologically sustainable to maximize human comfort. The present research suggests a multi-disciplinary approach for a holistic understanding of urban environmental quality and human well-being in sustainable urban development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve in its series Spatial and Organizational Dynamics Discussion Papers with number 2010-5.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 29 Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Algarve, Faculty of Economics, Campus de Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal, email of President of the Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +351 289 244 406
Web page: http://www.cieo.pt/
More information through EDIRC
Well-being; Urban planning; Liveable city; Environmental quality;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2010-12-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2010-12-23 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-URE-2010-12-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karanikola, Paraskevi & Tampakis, Stilianos & Manolas, Evangelos & Tsantopoulos, Georgios, 2013. "Analyzing the Impacts of Information in the Prevention of Forest Fires in Greece," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 1(2), pages 71-81.
- Gonzalez-Duque, Jose Antonio & Panagopoulos, Thomas, 2013. "Evaluation of the Urban Green Infrastructure using Landscape Modules, GIS and a Population Survey: Linking Environmental with Social Aspects in Studying and Managing Urban Forests," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 1(2), pages 82-95.
- Panagopoulos, Thomas, 2013. "Factors of Reclamation Success at the Lignite Strip-Mined Land in Northern Greece," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 1(2), pages 96-122.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Fernandes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.