Spatial Cournot Competition and Consumers’ Heterogeneity: A Note
AbstractWe consider the standard model of spatial Cournot competition and show that a necessary condition for dispersion equilibria is that the distribution be not unimodal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis in its series Working Paper Series with number 05_11.
Date of creation: Jan 2011
Date of revision:
Spatial Cournot competition; consumers’ distribution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2011-01-23 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2011-01-23 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GEO-2011-01-23 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-IND-2011-01-23 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2011-01-23 (Marketing)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Patuelli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.