Staggered Adjustment and Trade Dynamics
AbstractWe develop a theory of staggered adjustment dynamics in a perfect competition model of trade with a continuum of varieties. New technologies for each variety arrive at a constant rate. The consumer consumes a product produced with a certain technology until an exogenous shock arrives. This shock signals her to optimize among all producers from all the countries. The model delivers structural equations for the impact of past trade on current trade. We use the model to explore the gradual adjustment of trade due to changes in trade costs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2011 Meeting Papers with number 1322.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scott Davis & Mario Crucini, 2013.
"Distribution capital and the short- and long-run import demand elasticity,"
2013 Meeting Papers
453, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mario J. Crucini & J. Scott Davis, 2013. "Distribution Capital and the Short- and Long-Run Import Demand Elasticity," NBER Working Papers 18753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario J. Crucini & J. Scott Davis, 2013. "Distribution Capital and the Short- and Long-run Import Demand Elasticity," CAMA Working Papers 2013-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Mario J. Crucini & J. Scott Davis, 2013. "Distribution capital and the short- and long-run import demand elasticity," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 137, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Doireann Fitzgerald & Stefanie Haller, 2014.
"Exporters and Shocks: Dissecting the International Elasticity Puzzle,"
201408, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Doireann Fitzgerald & Stefanie Haller, 2014. "Exporters and Shocks: Dissecting the International Elasticity Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 19968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lewis, Logan T., 2014.
"Menu Costs, Trade Flows, and Exchange Rate Volatility,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
1102, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Logan Lewis, 2013. "Menu Costs, Trade Flows, and Exchange Rate Volatility," 2013 Meeting Papers 313, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jordi Mondria & Kunal Dasgupta, 2013. "International Trade with Inattentive Importers," 2013 Meeting Papers 1074, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- JaeBin Ahn & Alexander McQuoid, 2013. "Capacity Constrained Exporters: Micro Evidence and Macro Implications," Working Papers 1301, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.