Appraisal Of El-Kureimat Combined Cycle Power Plant
AbstractThe proposed El Kureimat Plant (module II) project is one of 19 new generation plants that the public electrical utility of Egypt plans to setup over its current planning horizon of 2005-2012. This paper reports on an integrated investment appraisal of the project. The project involves the construction of a 750 MW (2x250 MW gas turbine and 1x250 MW steam turbine) combine cycle power plant in the premises of the existing El Kureimat Power Station. The estimated total cost of the investment is 271.1 million Euros in nominal prices. The project, when completed, will provide 750 MW of additional capacity to the unified power system (UPS) in 2009. The proposed project is expected to save a substantial amount of natural gas for the state-controlled gas utility, which will be able to export the gas and earn foreign exchange for the Government.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by JDI Executive Programs in its series Development Discussion Papers with number 2006-03.
Length: 46 pages
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
thermal electricity; generation plants; combine cycle power plant; Egypt Integrated Appraisal.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-09-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2012-09-03 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2012-09-03 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Jenkins & MARIA MARCHESINI, 1999. "An Analysis Of Electricity Generation And Tariff Options In Ghana," Development Discussion Papers 1999-03, JDI Executive Programs.
- Chun-Yan Kuo & Glenn P. Jenkins & M. Benjamin Mphahlele, 2003. "The Economic Opportunity Cost Of Capital In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(3), pages 523-543, 09.
- Glenn Jenkins & Henry Lim, 1999. "An Integrated Analysis of a Power Purchase Agreement," Development Discussion Papers 1999-08, JDI Executive Programs.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafik Majidov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.